Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Captured in “Reminisce”

I was thumbing through the pages of your latest book

When I saw this picture that instantly took

Me back to the days when I was a kid,

Remembering the things that I once did.


There was a youngster sitting in a tree,

The same sloping ground that I could see,

Tall Johnson grass making waves in the wind,

Down in the hollow where the hill would end.


Sitting on that limb I spent many hours,

Dreaming sweet dreams and smelling sweet flowers,

Recovering from the hurts and disappointments of a child,

Knowing that all’s better in the warmth of God’s smile.


Though I appeared to do nothing, I was growing inside,

Storing up memories and a great sense of pride.

It was better than any of our wonderful parks,

My home was in the foothills of the beautiful Ozarks.

No comments: