Wednesday, September 29, 2021

My Angel

 It was Christmas time of ‘83

When God sent a special angel to me –

Let’s back up a bit, so you’ll understand

Just why I think that he is so grand.

I was flat on my back in a hospital bed

When the Doctor came in, this is what he said –

“The news I’ve got is very sad –

The tumor in your back has gone bad.”

This news hit like a ton of lead,

Weighed so heavy on my head –

Was just what Satan wanted to hear –

He jumped right in, tried to fill me with fear.

But my angel was there with the gift of God’s grace,

With words of comfort and a smiling face.

His daily visits sure made my day,

Took much of the worry and pain away.

He came with his prayers and blessings, too –

With papers and books and a flower or two.

But the times to me that meant the most

Were when he’d bring the Sacred Host.

I thank the Lord for my angel and friend,

Without him, I know, would have been my end.

Now we all know my angel – we all love him much,

He’s our very own, beloved Father Hutch!

No comments: