Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Now It’s No Fun

 I’m remembering those days of yesteryear

Of snow piled deep – after the sky would clear,

Of sleds and toboggans and all that gear,

‘Twas never too deep, we knew no fear.

Just happy youngsters out for a slide,

We’d even take our dog along for the ride.

But those days did pass as we older grew,

Before our fun, some chores we must do.

It was “shoveling out” in this winter land,

Walkways to open, driveways to sand.

After that, the frolicking was ever so grand.

As I said before, the years pass so fast –

I’m now in the “Golden Agers” class.

Now the snow’s still beautiful when you’re snug inside,

I wish some way from that shovel I could hide.

The snow might not fall so deep as before

But now parking’s needed for three cars or more.

Now my bones are more brittle, my muscles don’t give,

I just want to sit, to live and let live.

So please, dear Lord, when the cold winds blow,

Don’t give us such a bounty of snow.

No comments: