Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Busy In My Leisure

 I’m just an old biddy of seventy-three,

Living a lifestyle that satisfies me.

At the Donut Shop I cook three days a week,

Frying and baking things yummy and sweet.

When weather is right and time is my own,

I’m out in the yard where the weeds have grown.

Out by the roots they come with a tug

As I swat off that bothersome bug.

My hands in the dirt is great therapy for me,

Relaxes the tensions, helps make me stress free.

Later that evening, as darkness is falling,

I follow another of my crafty calling.

With crochet hook and yarn, I try to create

Toy teddy bears – some small, some great,

Elephants and camels, giraffes and black cats,

Nativity sets, baby sets, winter mittens and hats,

When I finally call it a day and crawl into my bed,

Thousands of thoughts go running through my head.

Projects to finish, (how should they go), others to start.

Childhood memories, mine and my kids, straight from the heart

Lulled by the warmth, relaxation brings sleep.

Dreams? Who knows, but in subconsciousness I keep

Fodder for the times when I sit down to write

Poetry or prose, just putting on paper my mental sight.

Some folks say I’m busy – that part may be true,

But there are no clocks telling me WHEN to do.

It’s busy in my leisure where I have scored –

One thing I’m sure of, I’ll never be bored.

No comments: