Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Insurance Lament

It’s the number one legalized racket today,

The insurance companies who expect you to pay

The highest premiums their books will allow –

They expect them to be paid–and paid RIGHT NOW!

But when the action turns in the other direction,

They find all the loopholes for their protection.

They can explain to you with great certainty,

That you are not covered because of clause “B”.

There’s riders, and conditions, and terminology

Intended to baffle a “dummy” like me.

On the other hand, I’ll have to admit,

Without insurance, you would never fit

Into today’s “dog-eat-dog” world of get what you can

In spite of what it does to your fellow man.

Because of fraud in filing a claim –

Because filling their pockets is primary aim –

They get what they can ‘cause it’s there to use.

It matters not what system they abuse.

Because of their greed – they just want more –

Lawyer’s fees, doctor’s fees, hospital costs soar.

And insurance cost will naturally rocket.

They’re out of reach of the poor man’s pocket.

I know no solution – but I’ll do what I can,

I pray, Dear God, please help the poor man.

No comments: