Wednesday, September 29, 2021

New Years – ‘93

 Father Time’s about due to go to sleep,

And Baby ‘93 is getting ready to creep

Into our lives and give us a second chance

To move ahead without a backward glance –

A chance to look at dark corners deep inside –

To see the faults we’ve tried to hide –

To see ourselves as God would see –

To know just what we’d like to be.


I know that if I, but sought the way

I could make changes each day by day.

For the poor and homeless I should care –

For, but for God’s grace, I’d be there.

In good works I’d take a more active part,

Perhaps to ease the pain in one lonely heart,

To reach out my hand to an abused child,

To give him a lift and bring him a smile.

So as each of us make a positive move

The whole world situation will improve.

If we start out with one small deed,

With a snowballing effect, we will succeed.

No comments: