Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Mothers, Beware

 Did you see the Weekly News?  I just had

to send that in.




I feel obliged to write this letter,
Perhaps some toddler will fare a little better.
This little lad, I doubt if he was more than two,
Came onto my porch – Now what should I do?
A pacifier in his mouth – he was all alone.
No one could know where he had gone.
Back from the street, my house sits up high,
With bushes in front – no one could spy.
“What is your name?” as I stepped out the door.
“Where do you live?” I asked no more.
He looked at me – said not a word,
The pacifier never moved – Don’t know if he heard.
He turned and marched like a mechanical toy,
Not a word came from the lips of the boy.
Down three sets of steps to the street below
He headed towards town – where the cars really go.
Luckily a sister was playing a few houses away
She came to his rescue and saved the day.
It made me think of this sick world today,
How some children are not safe in their own yard at play,
How easy it would have been to lure him inside,
Or into a car to go for a ride.
So, Mothers, be sure when your little ones are at play,
That they are supervised in the right way.
Please don’t fail to guide their direction,
Or leave to chance their very protection.

No comments: