Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Election Time

Personal appearances, debates and speeches.

Trying to hold you, just like leeches,

Candidates struggle to turn your mind,

But if you look, I’m sure you’ll find

They’re caught up in a political race –

Got to try to save their face.

Smut and lies are coming out

When their opponent starts to shout.

They’re out to undermine the credibility –

With their cunning and agility –

Of opponents who want you to hear

Promises for the land you hold so dear.

Every time you hear their name

It’s just the same ridiculous claim.

Their party does not control the things they say,

It’s just a game of politics they play.

Don’t really like the things I’ve heard,

Seems you can’t believe a word.

I’d like to say that I won’t go vote –

But that would turn me into the scapegoat.

Time to go and call their bluff –

Let them know you’ve had enough.

Just pray to God to guide your hand

To vote for the best to lead our great land.

No comments: