Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I Don’t Care

 I don’t care if it’s day or night,

I don’t care if the tune’s not right

Long as I can sing a song.

I don’t care if the words are wrong,

I don’t care if it’s soft or strong,

Long as I can sing that song.


That’s all I need to set me free,

A happy, carefree melody,

Set my heart to dreaming now,

Take those wrinkles from my brow.


Take that darkness from my eyes,

Bring right back those sunny skies.

Just as long as I can sing

I don’t care about anything.


Don’t even need my doctor now,

Tensions just got lost somehow,

Throw those pills right out the door,

A little tune will help me more.


Come on now and join the verse,

You’ll feel better – never worse.

Just start out with “I don’t care”.

Just relax – let down your hair.


Open your throat and start to sing,

Words – or tra-la’s, or any old thing.

Just you make those rafters ring –

You feel so free – when you can sing.

No comments: