Wednesday, September 29, 2021

My Dad

 I’ve grown much closer to my dad

As years go passing by.

Things that had made me wonder –

Now I understand why.

In fertile earth he planted seeds,

Veggies of every kind.

But the ones that bear the longest

Were the ones he planted in my mind.

This thing he gave to me was

His love for growing things.

I have reaped a bountiful harvest,

The fruit that his gift brings.

When I was just a youngster

I thought he didn’t care.

But the things he felt so deep inside,

He just didn’t know how to share.

Now when my grandchildren visit me,

With all their endearing charms,

I’ll just remember by-gone years,

And hold them in my arms.

For children need this tender touch

So they won’t have to wait –

Show them you really love them,

Before it gets too late.

If I had known these things before,

I would have been so glad.

He would have known that I love him,

And I’m so proud that he’s my Dad.


No comments: