Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Pizza Party

 Did ja see that dog run?


I sat at my table – my head in my hand –

I thought and thought – Tried to make a plan.

How could I discipline those two naughty boys,

Who now lay so innocent in the midst of their toys?

I was saved this decision when a friend came in –

These were his two dogs – I was minding for him.

“Were they good boys?” he asked with a grin.

“No way – Bad boys!” and I did begin –

“Bad boys?” he interrupted, “What did they do?”

“They went to the Pizza Shop and had pizza for two.”

“Did what?” He looked at me as though I was nuts.

“It’s true,” I said, “No ifs, ands, or buts.

They pushed open their gate, down the street they flew,

Don’t know what told them, guess they just knew –

A car drove off, left their pizza on top.

Down to the street it fell with a flop.

Now Freckles and Rosco could not abide waste,

And they were grateful to the driver for his great haste.

They tore open the box and began their feast.

They were in doggy heaven – to say the least.

Just about then, I spotted the two –

There was traffic around – didn’t know what to do –

I drove my car as close as I could –

Called them by name, as I felt I should.

Freckles came, and I put him inside.

But not Rosco, though I tried and tried.

He stood there eating, as if he owned the place,

With pizza and cheese stringing over his face.

There was no way he would leave it to be –

And certainly was not going to come to me.

I was flustered, and frantic and began to shout –

Somehow, he knew his luck had run out.

Rosco joined Freckles in the back of the car,

We headed for home, thank goodness ‘twasn’t far.

Once inside, they lay as quiet as a mouse.

You’d never know they’d even been out of the house.”

No comments: